The Research Center for Chinese Politics at Peking University (hereafter “the Center”), supported by the International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-IntroductionProgram), is currently accepting applications from outstanding foreign and Chinese students studying overseas for a two-year fellowship. The subject areasfor applications, salary and benefits, eligibility criteria, application process, and deadlines for applications are as follows:
Subject Areas Accepting Applications
1.Political Institutions: comparative studies on institutions and historyof institutions
2.Political Classics: studies on classical works of politics
3.Political Theories: studies on important political theories, trends orschools of thoughts
4.Political Events: studies on important political events
5.Political Figures: studies on important political figures, Chinese oroversea
Salary and Benefits：
1. 300,000 RMB per year (paid jointly by the China Postdoctoral Management Committee and Peking University)
2. Anapartment for single occupancy
3. The potential to be awarded with further research funding in accordance with the School’s Research Management Regulations
4. Title of Peking University Boya Postdoctoral Fellow
1.Applicants should be foreign nationals or Chinese nationals, and should have graduated from an internationally highly-ranked non-Mainland-China university; should be under the age of 35; and should have received their PhDs within the past 3 years.
2. Fellows are expected to be able to work full time, and to spend no less than 20 months in total in China during the Fellowship.
3. Fellows are expected to be able to write and publish in English.
1.Applicants should first submit their application to the Center, sending their academic curriculum vitae and a writing sample to [email protected]
2. TheSchool will select and verify the eligibility of the applicant and communicate with her/him to arrange an appropriate postdoctoral supervisor.
3. Thechosen applicant will then be invited to submit an application to theInternational Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program), entering national selection competition process.
The International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-IntroductionProgram) accepts applications three times a year. Individual applicants shouldsubmit their applications to the School no later than the 1st of March, 1st June, or 1st September.
About the Center：
The Research Center for Chinese Politics at Peking University was founded on October 20th2015. The goal of the center is to promote basic research in politics. Thefounding direct of the Center is University Chair Professor Yu Keping.
The Center’sresearch focus is basic theories in politics. It encourages publications ofhigh quality, original research. The Center, in collaboration with the Schoolof Government, offers courses on political science at both the undergraduateand graduate levels. The Center also offers its own joint degree program“Politics, Law and Society.” In addition, the Center engages actively indomestic and international academic exchange.
The Center currently conducts the following research programs: “zhengzhi tongjian(comprehensive mirror on politics),” “Institutions and Customs,” “Governance Modernization Dataset,” “State Governance and the Rise and Fall of Great Powers,” and etc. The Center also hosts The National Research Network on Governance, and publishes PKU Political Science Review along with the School of Government.